There are five more strategies every agent must master in order to build their business that I’ll explain today.
Last time, we went over the first five strategies in this two-part video. If you missed part one, check it out here!
Here are the last five of the 10 strategies all agents must master in their business:
6. Systems will set you free. When you have a system for everything you do, you’re more organized, more focused, and better able to accomplish more in less time. What systems are you using for your business strategies? Make time in your schedule to ensure you’re working on your business, not just in your business.
7. Leverage. What is leverage? It’s what you need when you run out of time, and in this business, we all occasionally run out of time. The more business you do, the harder it gets to do your job in a typical workday. We’ve all pulled 14-hour workdays, and if you’re doing that on a regular basis, you need to call me, because that’s not sustainable. What you need is leverage, or staff who can handle other parts of the business so you can gain more time to do what you do best.
8. Have a system for working with buyers and sellers. I teach a class dedicated solely to this topic. A system encompasses everything you do throughout a transaction. Making sure you have a system for converting and working with buyers and sellers is key to being able to handle more buyers and sellers.
9. Master your negotiation skills. In my opinion, this is an area in our industry where agents need far greater education. Too often, agents act like they’re a courier service when making offers. The art of negotiation revolves around learning what each party wants out of the transaction and getting them both what they need. That is skilled negotiation. Simply batting offers back and forth doesn’t require much skill. A great way to generate referrals is to become an exceptional negotiator.
10. Get to the closing table and become an exceptional strategist. There are a lot of complexities within a real estate transaction that we have to solve, and honing your skills to understand what options you have to simplify complicated transactions will help you reach the closing table more often. This is an area where you need to learn as much as you can.
If you’d like to know more systems and strategies that will propel your business forward, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. I’d love to speak with you.